About Metrion Biosciences
Metrion Biosciences (‘Metrion’) is a UK-based, ion channel focused Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing high-quality in vitro preclinical drug discovery and safety profiling services. Formed in 2015, Metrion has since established a loyal and growing global customer base who access our comprehensive suite of drug discovery services; including medicinal chemistry screening support, cardiac safety profiling and custom assays using native tissue and stem cells. Metrion’s vision is to establish the company as the first-choice outsourcing partner for ion channel drug discovery research and cardiac safety services for the worldwide pharmaceutical industry.
Metrion Biosciences (‘Metrion’) is currently seeking candidates to fill the newly created post of Administrative Assistant. Suitable candidates will be looking to move into a responsible role with wide ranging responsibilities supporting the Chief Executive (CEO), Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), Human Resources and senior managers within the Company. This role would be suitable for candidates with some experience of administration roles, but training will be provided for suitable candidates.
The role will be based at our Granta Park headquarters in Great Abington, near Cambridge, UK and is a full time, permanent role. Flexible working may be considered.
Duties will include or require the following:
- Performing general administration tasks, such as organising the reception desk and taking customer telephone calls.
- Assisting Metrion’s CEO to organise travel, customer visits, taking meeting notes and creating formal meeting minutes.
- Providing assistance to Metrion’s Human Resources (HR) manager with recruitment and other activities relating to HR.
- Providing assistance to Metrion’s CCO, including organising Metrion hosted conferences and overseeing logistics for external events, coordinating Metrion press releases, making staff travel arrangements, checking formatting of Company PowerPoint presentations and taking notes for internal meetings.
- Providing support for some Company marketing activities during a period of maternity leave, currently scheduled to commence in May 2022.
- Adding projects and tracking of staff working time within Metrion’s Project Manager software (training will be provided if necessary).
- Liaison with senior managers and the finance team to ensure expense reports are filed on schedule.
- Organising Company social events.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office; in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage a reception desk, including welcoming guests, managing postal deliveries, organising courier collections and organising catering for customer visits.
- Raising purchase orders for non-laboratory items.
- Able to take meeting notes and draft meeting minutes.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask.
- The successful applicant will be a proven team worker with first class attention to detail, strong interpersonal, time management, organisational and excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Metrion staff and client personnel at all levels.
Desirable Skills (although training can be provided):
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) software, particularly HubSpot.
- Familiarity with the Amici purchasing system.
Do you have a passion for ion channel drug discovery?
If you have any questions that you would like to discuss regarding this vacancy or for an informal discussion about this role, please contact us today to discover more. We look forward to hearing from you.