About Metrion Biosciences
Metrion Biosciences (‘Metrion’) is a UK-based, ion channel focused Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing high-quality in vitro preclinical drug discovery and safety profiling services.
Formed in 2015, Metrion has since established a loyal and growing global customer base who access our comprehensive suite of drug discovery services; including medicinal chemistry screening support, cardiac safety profiling and custom assays using native tissue and stem cells. Metrion’s vision is to establish the company as the first-choice outsourcing partner for ion channel drug discovery research and cardiac safety services for the worldwide pharmaceutical industry.
Metrion is seeking to appoint a Management Accountant to work within the Finance team helping to produce accurate and timely management accounts. Reporting to the Financial Controller this is a newly created role within a small team with scope to develop the role further as the organisation continues to grow. The role will be based at our Granta Park headquarters (Cambridge, UK).
Candidates should have a good day-to-day understanding of accounting principles and some exposure to assisting with Management Accounts preparation. Ideally AAT or part CIMA/ACCA qualified, candidates who are qualified by experience will be considered.
Duties will include:
• Assisting with production of monthly management accounts to include accruals and prepayments
• Responsibility for maintaining the fixed asset register, posting depreciation journals and reconciliation to the general ledger
• Preparation of information required for raising of client invoices
• Monthly stock reconciliation and allocation of client costs
• Preparation of monthly VAT returns
• Responsibility for Balance Sheet reconciliations and upkeep of the general ledger
• Assisting with preparation and analysis of monthly results and KPIs
• Supporting the preparation of the annual budget and in year forecasts
• Assisting with the year end audit process
Essential Skills Qualifications:
• Experience working in a similar finance role
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Proficient in Excel
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• AAT Qualified or Part-qualified in either CIMA or ACCA or qualified by experience
Do you have a passion for ion channel drug discovery?
If you have any questions that you would like to discuss regarding this vacancy or for an informal discussion about this role, please contact us today to discover more. We look forward to hearing from you.