Cardiac Safety Screening Services
Metrion Biosciences is a reliable specialist ion channel screening provider and a longstanding member of the Safety Pharmacology Society, the HESI Cardiac Committee and the HTS-sub-team for Automated Patch Clamp studies. Metrion provides clients with high quality assay data to help determine the cardiac liability of their compounds early in the drug discovery process. Metrion offers screening services against a premium panel of validated CiPA (Comprehensive in vitro Proarrhythmia Assay) compliant human cardiac ion channel screening assays, including hERG and iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes.
Neuroscience Screening Assays
Metrion also offers a range of phenotypic neuroscience assays to screen compounds against native and iPSC-derived neurons for neurotoxicity testing, mechanism-of-action studies and species selectivity profiling, which can be used to translate compounds towards preclinical studies. Neuroscience assays include both manual patch clamp and microelectrode array (MEA) recordings.
- CiPA hERG Milnes Kinetic Assay on Qpatch
- Nav1.5(late) Cardiac Safety Assay on Qpatch
- NaV1.5-ΔKPQ late INa current properties and pharmacology on the SyncroPatch 384i
- A systematic strategy for estimating hERG block potency and its implications in a new cardiac safety paradigm.
- Cross-site and cross-platform variability of automated patch clamp assessments of drug effects on human cardiac currents in recombinant cells.
- The Nav1.5 Late Current in WT and Nav1.5 ΔKPQ Mutant Channels: An Automated Patch Clamp LQT3 Electrophysiological Assay Comparison. Safety Pharmacology Society Virtual Meeting 2020.
- New CiPA Cardiac Ion Channel Cell Lines and Assays for In Vitro Proarrhythmia Risk Assessment. Japanese Safety Pharmacology Society Meeting, Tokyo, 2020
- Using new In Vitro Cardiac Ion Channel Assays and In Silico Models to Predict Proarrhythmia Risk with Automated Patch Clamp. Biophysical Society Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2020
- Development of an Impedance Based Screening Assay for Cardiac Safety and Cardiotoxicity Detection in Stem Cell derived Cardiomyocytes. Safety Pharmacology Society Annual Meeting, Barcelona, 2019
- Predicting Cardiac Proarrhythmic Risk Exclusively Using Automated Patch Clamp Data. Safety Pharmacology Society Annual Meeting, Barcelona, 2019
- New CiPA cardiac ion channel cell lines and assays for in vitro proarrhythmia risk assessment. Safety Pharmacology Society meeting, Washington DC, USA 2018.
- Assessment of human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes for evaluating drug-induced arrhythmias with multi-electrode array. Safety Pharmacology Society meeting, Washington DC, USA 2018.
- Refining in vitro QPatch cardiac ion channel QPatch and MEA iPSC cardiomyocyte assays for CiPA. SOT San Antonio 2018 poster Late Breaking 12: Safety Assessment: Pharmaceutical and Non-Pharmaceutical.
- CiPA update: Refining in vitro cardiac ion channel assays, in silico models and iPSC cardiomyocyte reagents for improved proarrhythmia risk prediction. SPS Vancouver September 2016 poster 0100.
- Human ventricular stem cell cardiomyocytes: validating in vitro assays and screening platforms for proarrhythmia risk prediction. SPS Vancouver September 2016 poster 0242.
- Human stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes: in vitro assays and screening platforms for exploring ventricular and atrial phenotypes. SPS Vancouver September 2016 poster 0247.
- Electrophysiological profiling of Axiogenesis CorV.4U iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes. Axiogenesis Workshop Cologne September 2016.
- Developing a package of in vitro human cardiac ion channel assays using automated patch clamp to predict clinical arrhythmia risk. SPS Prague September 2015.
Contact Metrion’s Safety Pharmacology Experts to discuss your project
What are your specific ion channel and assay needs?
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your specific assay requirements, we will put you directly in touch with a member of our scientific team. Contact us today to discover more.